Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Adventures at work part 2

Actually, I was a working student. This is to show to my parents that I can support myself and be independent. Although they want me to study in exclusive schools like Ateneo, La Salle, etc. I was
disgusted by their way of teaching.

"How can I learn if money is always part of the curriculum?"

So I studied in a state university. Wherein the government subsidize the tuition fee. I enjoyed studying
here. I learned a lot of things and met new friends. My father once told me that some parents will sell
their land, cows, jewelry, etc. for their sons/daughters to finish their studies. That I encountered first hand with my classmates. Some even became farmers before, or out of schoo, youths. Some are twice
as old as I am and have children, but still they want to finish their studies. That for me is a lesson
not being taught in books - education is for everyone who wants it.

(continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment