Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Adventures at Work part 3

During work tenure at Philippines, I learned many things. I was very surprised that we are more technically competent even with industrialized countries.

Imagine, I told foreign companies,

"THAT WE MADE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING."

We retrofitted existing plants and machineries, especially obsolete ones. I have worked in an ice plant factory as a technician. Compressors are there since World War II, still it runs today.

We even produced spare parts for expensive machineries. Instead of ordering it from the manufacturer, which is time consuming end expensive, we can make our own.

Filipino skilled personnel are the best workers if compensated properly. Too bad they are leaving because the pay is not good in their own country. Workers who work hard in nation building are building nations of others instead of their own.

So I went to abroad as well. Thats my next story.

No comments:

Post a Comment